[Sugar-devel] Record rewrite -- was Re: [SoaS] SoaS v2 approaching RC state

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Nov 26 09:41:02 EST 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:25:12AM +0000, Aleksey Lim wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 11:51:55PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 9:13 PM, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > with the next SoaS release coming up really soon (final image is
> > > supposed to be composed this weekend, release date is Dec 8), there's a
> > > new snapshot ready for you. It includes a lot of fixes and smaller
> > > adjustments. It's currently only available as a general .iso build,
> > > others will presumably follow later. You can get it from here:
> > >
> > > http://download.sugarlabs.org/soas/snapshots/2/soas06.iso
> > >
> > > Let us know how it goes and help us debugging and fixing the remaining
> > > bugs here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/soas/+bugs
> > >
> > > A last note, if anybody knows what's wrong with Record, Cairo and F12,
> >
> > Who is the maintainer of Record? It would be a pity to ship BB without
> > that working as its one off the Activities that kids seem to love.
> > What's the issue with Cairo?
>
> last time /me patched Record.. and looks like it doesn't work in 0.86
> for a long time, so its the right moment to fix 0.86 issues then

Sorry, I'm a bit stuck with it, my plans were to rewrite Record-65
and make lightweight Record:

* w/o collaboration feature as it was designed in existed Record
  * it just share records, I'm planing to do the same on Journal level
  * it just doesn't work well(especially for big files)
* w/o gtk.Windows that represent Record's controls, only widgets
* using more robust gst scheme

I decide to use camerabin[1] gst plugin which is a good option for
Record but it doesn't work(stop w/ gst errors on recording) any help
from people who are aware of such gst and video recording stuff is
appreciated.

[1] http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gst-plugins-bad-plugins/html/gst-plugins-bad-plugins-camerabin.html

--
Aleksey