[Sugar-devel] Feature_SoaS_customization Draft

Carlo Falciola cfalciola at yahoo.it
Thu Nov 26 05:53:41 EST 2009

--- Mer 25/11/09, Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com> ha scritto:

> Da: Sebastian Dziallas <sebastian at when.com>
> Oggetto: Re: [Sugar-devel] Feature_SoaS_customization Draft
> A: "Carlo Falciola" <cfalciola at yahoo.it>
> Cc: sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> Data: Mercoledì 25 novembre 2009, 23:13
> Carlo Falciola wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I think that customization support is going to be an
> key point for Sugar/SOAS deployement efforts and for
> nanaging relationship with field structures. So I'm trying
> to start an effort in order to write down in as much as
> possible detail all the potentially existant entry points
> for customizing Sugar without breakin it.
> > Till' now I choose to sketch this in a Feature
> proposal, because even if really documentation only effort I
> think it could be part of the Sugar  platform.
> > Please, any help, critics, suggestion, fix, are
> absolutely welcome and needed!
>
> Cool, thanks for moving this forward!
>
> > http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Feature_SoaS_customization
>
> I'm not sure it should be a Sugar 0.88 feature, but will
> leave this to Simon & Tomeu - I guess it would fit more
> into the SoaS process, which is to be outlined once
> Blueberry is out.

I guessed "feature" because I think a kind of shared & reasonably stable interface from upstream >(Sugar & Soas development) and downstream (customizer, deployer, etc.) should help a lot all of them in many areas:
- regression from new release
- eases sorting support issues from local & product scopes
- smooth migration to latest releases from field

> Anyway, really nice work! :)
>
> > Eventually sometimes in the future this should become
> some more structured and formalized ...
>
> I had already started a page some time ago here, but didn't
> get to finish it: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Customization
>
> Maybe we could throw the stuff together at some point...
Great!
rereading your comment I realize it's probably 2 interfaces correlated
with a kind of upstream-downstream relationship in between :
 Sugar (customization interface)  -> Soas (customization interface)...
(hineritance?)

ciao carlo