[Sugar-devel] work on Conozco?

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Sun Nov 15 15:59:41 EST 2009

On Sat, 2009-11-14 at 03:38 +0000, Ze maria wrote:
> Hello Bryan,
> I just checkout the code you wrote, related to it, I just have a question:
> I see you have a function "hideAnswers" which you call with svgMapDoc
> as an argument, when I open capitals1.svg the image already has the
> names of each capital, my question is:
>
> - In the svg you define (how?) each capital associating an id to each,
> how do you that??

By editing the xml of the svg w/in Inkscape

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/karma/repos/mainline/blobs/master/examples/Conozco-Uruguay/assets/generic/images/capitals1.svg#line71

I would be happy to walk u through it over irc

> Nevertheless I expect to have some free time next week and during this
> weekend hopefully, and I would like to contribute somehow, if you
> could send me the docs available for the karma framework, that would
> be great, also, if there's any task available feel free to tell me
>
> Good weekend and best regards,
> Ze Maria

I am refactoring the karma codebase entirely to have unit testing:

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/karma/repos/mainline/blobs/jkjs-refactor/js/karma.js

http://git.sugarlabs.org/projects/karma/repos/mainline/blobs/ae7313eb6505c4e3ef0be3df73d7f2f87bffd07c/tests/tests.js

fingers crossed, I hope to have it completed by then end of the coming
week. Felipe did a good job but he and I both wanted unit testing for it
as it eases maintenance long term and just makes the library more stable
overall

--
Bryan W. Berry
Senior Engineer