[Sugar-devel] 0depend feature request

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Nov 12 16:33:25 EST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 08:10:11PM +0100, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 06:51, Aleksey Lim <alsroot at member.fsf.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > To have some implementation mockups for next 0install debates,
> > I've coded how(I'm thinking) 0install integration could be implemented
> > in sugar[1]. To check existed code, pull sugar and sugar-toolkit cloned
> > repos[2] and follow simple test case[3].
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know more about how the experience changes for
> activity authors

0depend is just optional feature, for bundles that have
activity/0depend.xml file, while launching activity sugar(via 0install)
will download(or build, just 0install feature) all dependencies that
are mentioned in 0depend.xml and pass proper info via environment variables
(PATH, PYTHONPATH etc) to activity startup.

> and what happens when the .xo is not downloaded from
> the web but copied from an usb stick.

only 0depend.xml makes sense(its just regular bundle file), if it exists,
shell will enable 0install integration.

--
Aleksey