[Sugar-devel] Keep offline for Browse (offline bookmarks)

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 09:19:07 EST 2009

There's no UI for this, the developer of the web app must support this
themselves. GMail for example already does it. The user can create a
SSB for GMail, which will appear as a separate activity and can have
its own userscripts and whatnot.

Also, userscripts could be used to adapt website for offline use
(something like
http://code.google.com/apis/gears/articles/gearsmonkey.html).

Right now, developers can use Gears and follow its documentation or
DOM storage (https://developer.mozilla.org/en/DOM/Storage). The Karma
documentation could be of help as well.

You can read more on my blog (http://honeyweb.wordpress.com/) or the
wiki page (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/Webified).