[Sugar-devel] Testing changes (was Re: RFC: Kill the delayed menus for good)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 23:06:19 EST 2009

We need at least one more hat (in addition to those described below),
which I am willing to put on. Somebody needs to coordinate field
testing and feedback, so that we have data to make decisions from, or
we can get appropriate data when they are not yet available.

It is not enough to have a coordinator, of course. We must have
populations of users (various ages, various countries, in some cases
various disabilities) approved for testing (at least by themselves, by
their teachers, and by any administrators with responsibility for
them). We must have people willing and able to install, de-install,
and monitor changes. We must have a place to put raw data and results.
We may occasionally need a tool built. We seem to have no shortage of
ideas, or even patches, but I am willing to hear more on that point.
There is more, but that would be sufficient for getting started.

If the developers are willing to get their part organized, I will take
this question to  iaep and grassroots, and to management, and see
whether we can get covered at the user end or anything else that
people think of. Oh, yes. Experiment designers and the like from Ed
schools.

I'm delighted to see these discussions making progress. I have long
detested the unfolding hover menus. Keep it up, but please don't take
any of it personally.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/