[Sugar-devel] On Sugar 0.84 - status of the "Chat/collab leader" issue...

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Nov 3 08:41:22 EST 2009

Hi Martin,

On 3 Nov 2009, at 13:18, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Walter Bender
> <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We can set a new baseline for Sugar, but the behavior you are
>> describing is largely one determined by the activities themselves.
>
> I understood it was a limitation in Telepathy itself, or in how Sugar
> uses it (hence the need to address it in Sugar or in the "Sugar
> Stack".

Fairly sure this is not a limitation in Telepathy/Sugar.

The only activity I'm aware of using a hub and spoke topology is
Write, and I believe a recent AbiWord release has improved the
collaboration code so that allows a re-election of a new hub, of the
original goes away (also supports text colour highlighting for
different users) – very keen to see this land in an image and give it
a test.

Other activities that support some form of collaboration like Chat,
Browse, Etoys, TurtleArt, Arithmetic, Maze, Pippy, etc, etc, don't
care who started the activity first, or who goes away.

Regards,
--Gary