[Sugar-devel] On Sugar 0.84 - status of the "Chat/collab leader" issue...

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 08:11:34 EST 2009

We can set a new baseline for Sugar, but the behavior you are
describing is largely one determined by the activities themselves.
This was the subject of Ben Schwartz's GSoC project. He made great
headway, but there remains the problem that most activities are not
utilizing his approach. Something else to discuss in Bolzano. (I am
thinking we should have a day dedicated to bringing activities up to
0.86 standards.)

-walter

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:32 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have had major issues for a while with any collaboration where the
> leader (the node that created the collaboration instance) goes away.
> In Sugar 0.82 all sorts of confusion ensues, with the exact symptoms
> varying between the programs used.
>
> Is this expected to be fixed in 0.84 or 0.86? In looking at
> interaction with the XS, I am testing various aspects of
> collaboration... I don't want to pester people with things that are
> known not to work (and to require major engineering!).
>
> cheers,

>  martin.langhoff at gmail.com
>  martin at laptop.org -- School Server Architect
>  - ask interesting questions
>  - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first
>  - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org