No subject

Sun May 31 08:28:51 EDT 2009

1. The user takes a screenshot of the Activity <br>
2. He adds annotations on it to tell what element of the interface do <br>
3. Another user can now take a quiz on what does what in the interface
with possibility of collaboration and competitive scoring via Dbus.<br>
The main difference with what we are trying to achieve is that we put
the emphasis on the dynamic aspect of a tutorial, of actually doing
inside the Activity the actions suggested by the tutorial.&nbsp; We think
that it is difficult to imagine complex workflows from a simple
description of the interface and that it might be a lot more effective
if we could guide the users all along the way in executing it.<br>
I'll be interested in seeing how your creator evolves and see how
people use it. We lack data on how people learn a new piece of software
so it is hard to know how tutorials should be presented and what
approaches work best. I think diversity in ways to look at the problem
is desirable and should allows everybody to learn from each other.<br>
regards,<br>
Erick<br>
David Van Assche wrote:
 cite="mid:8cc423ef0910300807y6ab7e35er19196cfcb79780ce at mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Erick,
   Just so you know, I've created a tutorial creator for gtk using
python. Right now its really simple, just upload picture, point and
click on picture to set bullet points, and then name those bullet
points. The there is the test taker, which scores u on which u got
right/wrong.

   Next step was to connect the dbus tubes to collaborate like a in
quiz game show. Thisn might be too specific for what u are looking
for, but its really commented, as I wanted to make a tutorial for
making python apps with collab for gtk and sugar.

Maybe take a look: git.sugarlabs.org/projects/pyclic

Possibly there is some breakage as I was just internationalising it,
which I remember leaving working. But in any case the code is there
and readable. One of the nice things is, the whole quiz is an XML
file, so easy to move via xmpp to web, or other server,or watever...
image 64 bit encoded...

At this point, it could do with adding some ideas, linking into moodle
for example, etc...
if u are interested in collaborating, let me know...

kind regards,
David