[Sugar-devel] Progress with SoaS boot-helper

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Fri May 29 14:03:27 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 13:18, Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com>wrote:

> Please file a ticket for this work so I can track and reference it in the
> wiki and communications and such.

Will do.

> Technical Question: Will this effect the code that is SoaS2 or is this
> going to be a new USB creation tool that takes the same code and puts it on
> the USB in a different way?

It would be the latter; this does not in any way change the *image *creation
process, and if it does not work in time it can be dropped without any other
effects. It is simply a different way of writing an image to a disk.

The boot-helper component would be an application that would be on the hard
disk of the workstations, and would only work with sticks created in the
above method.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc