[Sugar-devel] changed list admin password

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu May 28 16:50:52 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 04:15:22PM -0400, Luke Faraone wrote:
>On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 15:42, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

>> >Jonas, it seems you recently changed the password for list
>> >moderation, as neither Michael Stone nor Ivan Krstic say they have.
>> >
>> >Could you tell me the new password, if it's not a problem?
>>
>> No, I did not change any passwords.  Barney did.
>>
>> Please use mailinglists instead of private mail.  I see no need for
>> discretion about who has admin access, and I was - privately (sigh!)
>> - told by Barney that he and I were the only admins.
>

>Who is Barney? I've seen
>nothing<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Asugarlabs.org%20Barney>about
>him anywhere on
>SugarLabs.org or anywhere else for that matter. As far as I know, Ivan
>maintains mailman, and gave you listadmin privs after you volunteered.

Bernie Innocenti (sorry, Bernie!).

>> So please raise this issue on some mailinglist, for the sake of
>> transparency!
>
>It's administrivia; I didn't feel it was important enough to bother the
>whole list with it.

If I felt the same about my earlier comment, then you would probably not
have contacted me.

And if Bernie hadn't felt the same last week there would be no issue
now.

(no, I am not suggesting that Bernie should post the changed password in
public, but that he could post _about_ it being changed).

Posting this to the lists, as I don't want to act as discrete proxy any
longer, and you seem to not want to go public yourself. :-/

  - Jonas

- --