[Sugar-devel] Running Sugar with sugar-jhbuild - questions

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu May 28 14:35:20 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I did a fresh install of sugar-jhbuild.

Likewise.

> ./sugar-jhbuild depscheck doesn't advertize the need for
> python-distutils-extra.  Recent bug reports about this:
>
> http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/902
> http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/898

The only dependency problem I ran into was a conflict between
olpc-sound and csound, which I was able to remove without breaking
anything. I am quite pleased with the recent improvements. I had not
been able to compile sugar-jhbuild successfully for weeks.

However, I had to invoke 'force checkout' several times, because of
missing .git directories.

> Another problem: sugar-jhbuild still doesn't recognize my keyboard
> to be AZERTY. Is anyone successfully using a non-QWERTY keyboard?

Yes. You are in a new X session that doesn't know what your main
session is doing, so you have to tell it what you want. I often switch
keyboards, so I create scripts that I can use in Terminal. My ru
script is

#!/bin/bash
setxkbmap ru

My asdf and фыва scripts both contain

setxkbmap dvorak

while my aoeu script contains

setxkbmap us

for when I want to let others type without confusion.

You want 'setxkbmap fr'.

> I want to make screencasts but would prefer to fix this before.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
>  Bastien

And Children are my nation.