[Sugar-devel] Gears in Browse

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Thu May 28 00:18:13 EDT 2009

Yes. I believe Gears tries to write its profile relative to where it
is installed. Since it is usually installed in Firefox's user profile,
it works in that case. I tried Sebastian's .rpm with and without root,
it only worked with root.

However, I view this as a minor problem, with Gears actually running
in Browse being much more important.

2009/5/28 Benjamin M. Schwartz <bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu>:
> Lucian Branescu wrote:
>> The work is not complete, as the
>> extension tries to write in places owned by root, instead of the local
>> user profile.
>
> So then it is not usable on any Linux system, since users do not run with
> root privileges...?
>
> --Ben

I had forgotten about him. Sorry David :)