[Sugar-devel] Physics activity development

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed May 27 18:50:41 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 4:52 AM, Lucian Branescu
<lucian.branescu at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm in the same situation (well, I will be when I get my macbook back).
>
> I do see a lot of talk towards making Sugar and activities behave more
> like standard applications. Perhaps Sugar will work on OS X natively
> some day.

Anybody who would like to port it to BSD and integrate it with the
Apple GUI is more than welcome to speak up. Sugar is making its way
into all major Linux distributions. BSD has some differences in
filesystem layout and libraries that would require some work. I don't
know how much.

> 2009/5/27 Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>:
>> Hi Asaf,
>>
>> On 27 May 2009, at 05:00, Asaf Paris Mandoki wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to get started adding the play/pause button and the pin
>>> button. Probably the next step is to integrate the activity with the
>>> journal. The only problem is that I haven't been able to get my
>>> development environment working. It seems there are some open issues
>>> with ubuntu. My plan right now is to wait until the Ubuntu issues
>>> are fixed. Any suggestions for a better setup? The only thing I have
>>> working now is a virtualbox environment where i've been testing the
>>> activity and found some bugs.

You are welcome to try any of the VirtualBox setups that I have
documented at [[Emulator image files]].

And Children are my nation.