[Sugar-devel] Manipulate network connectivity

noutash at paiwastoon.com.af noutash at paiwastoon.com.af
Wed May 27 06:42:19 EDT 2009

Greetings all,

Here in OLPC Afghanistan we require to impose some restrictions on network
detection of XOs:

1. We would like to restrict the XOs to only connect to the school
network. Due to the sensitivity of the culture here we don not want to
allow kids to connect to open networks/Internet.

2. We would very much like to free up the frequencies used by the mesh
when there is a school network. It would be very helpful if we could setup
the mesh to disable itself when it sees the school network.

We couldn't find a straight forward way to do these. Any help will be
appreciated.

Thanks
Basir