[Sugar-devel] Simplifying sugar-jhbuild

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Mon May 25 05:09:01 EDT 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 13:31, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> +1 on the overall.
>
> Building Sugar from source should be as easy as:
>
> ,----
> | ~$ git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-core/mainline.git
> | ~$ ./configure
> | ~$ make
> | ~$ sudo make install
> `----

Well, that works for the sugar shell provided you have all the
dependencies installed. The point of jhbuild is precisely to get you
an environment where all the dependencies of the software you are
interested in are installed without breaking your regular desktop.

Please note that we don't need to use sudo as all dependencies are
installed in a user-writable directory.

Regards,

Tomeu