[Sugar-devel] wrong Activity versions for 8.2(.1) -- Etoys, Memorize, Terminal, Read, others

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon May 25 03:10:15 EDT 2009

On 24.05.2009, at 03:56, S Page wrote:

> Etoys at 94, but its web page's Activity_version says 98
>   ==> Someone should update http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities/Etoys_(8.2)
>  !?
>   ==> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addons/versions/4030
> is up to 100, but doesn't list a version for Sugar 0.82

Actually, the 8.2 version is correctly listed as 94:

http://etoys.laptop.org/xo/8.2/

and for 8.2.1 it is 99

http://etoys.laptop.org/xo/8.2.1/

and the latest is 101

http://etoys.laptop.org/xo/

The versions listed at activities.sugarlabs.org are pretty much
irrelevant because as part of Fructose, Etoys is installed by default
anyways. Besides, most of its functionality is provided by the "etoys"
glucose module which is not a downloadable activity. Activity version
94 is virtually identical to version 101. We updated the activity
version whenever the glucose module version changed. This is not
ideal, we should change the versioning scheme, but that's the way it
is for now.

- Bert -