[Sugar-devel] Sugar Developer MINUTES

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon May 25 01:52:22 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 08:51:22PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> On 05/22/2009 05:31 PM, James Simmons wrote:
> > I didn't see Aleksey's espeak gstreamer plugin included in the roadmap.  This is needed for text to speech with highlighting support for Read Etexts, and is being included in SoaS now.  I'm looking forward to having a version of Sugar I can install on my XO where this is included.
> >
> > James Simmons
>
> This might be upstream work - non Sugar platforms can profit from that
> work as well I guess. Aleksey can you comment - what the plan is here?

Well, gst-espeak is now in SP-0.84 list[1](and will migrate to SP-0.86)
it should mean that if maintainers of any GNU/Linux distribution want
sugar(in wide sense i.e. core+honey) to be runnable they should provide
SP meta package(or so).

At present there are several distributions that satisfy SP:
* Mandriva2009.1
* Caixa Magica 12 Magelan
* ALTLinux Sisyphus
* OpenSUSE X11::Sugar
* Gentoo sugar overlay
* SoaS

Unfortunately I don't know who builds XO distribution
and does it satisfy SP or not.

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Sugar_Platform/0.84

--
Aleksey