[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] soas live cd on MacBook? How?

Andrea Mangiatordi andrea.mangiatordi at gmail.com
Sun May 24 17:55:12 EDT 2009

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> You cannot run the currently released SoaS on a PowerPC Macintosh.

That's why I wrote "so I can't test it directly" ;)

> SoaS is only currently compiled for 32bit x86, which works on amd64 but
> not on PowerPC.

Yeah, I had to use jhbuild and precompiled ubuntu packages in order to
try and use Sugar.

I don't really know if the boot management system is the same on all
Macs, what I wanted to say is that there are live Linux distributions
for both series and those distros only include free software, so there
won't be any need for the developers to use proprietary blessings.

Kind regards

Andrea

--
Andrea Mangiatordi