[Sugar-devel] Physics activity development

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Sun May 24 17:14:29 EDT 2009

On 24 May 2009, at 21:27, Alex Levenson wrote:

> I believe play/pause is implemented there.

Fab thanks, yes the spacebar is wired for play pause, so just a
toolbar button needed for visual discoverability/shortcut hint.

> Also note that changing the menubar should be easy - I automated it
> using class introspection so you should only have to make a few
> changes and then all toolbar items will propagate nicely.

OK, your too clever for me, will need to get my head around this, I'm
a little of an old school proceduralist ;-)

> We never got around to saving in Physics!, that's going to be a
> significant bit of work (also considered a language independent
> standard for saving box2d scenes) but I certainly did in x2o - it
> plays nicely with the journal completely (at least when I left it
> did).

Would you suggest we take a look at what you did for X2o and trying to
duplicate your approach for Physics (I've not looked at X2o code yet
so I'm likely off mark)?

Regards,
--Gary