[Sugar-devel] Usage scenarios for Sugar?

Bastien bastienguerry at googlemail.com
Sun May 24 07:24:25 EDT 2009

Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi everyone, we have been contacted by a monthly tech publication in
> Europe willing to devote several pages to Sugar in their summer issue!
>
> More specifically, advising parents how to download & run SoaS and do
> educational stuff with their kids during the summer holidays.
>
> Off the top of my head I suggested a scenario where Memorize is
> customized with family photos, a Turtle Art lesson, ...

The haitian team has been working a lot with Memorize.  You can find
some lesson plans here: http://olpchaiti.org/w/start?do=index (french)

A very general but powerful activity we also experimented: let the
kids create a newspaper from scratch.  The topic was: Haitian public
transportation.  The children went in the streets with the XO, made
interviewed of people, took pictures of cars, buses, etc, wrote about
ideas they had etc.  Activities involved: Write and Record.  I was not
present when they did this, but I can redirect you to someone who can
give more details, just let me know.

--
 Bastien