[Sugar-devel] Simplifying sugar-jhbuild

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri May 22 15:56:24 EDT 2009

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> As with any other sugar module, people want to run the latest code
> because it will contain bugfixes, etc. I see hulahop in the same way.

As with any other module of anything, some people want to run Stable,
some want Testing, some want Unstable, the very latest code. (I am
using Debian terminology, but the concepts apply anywhere.) I am
willing to use Testing, but not Unstable. I want an option to build
something that is known to compile, with a mechanism in place to
determine when we move forward to another level, and to enforce
periodic bug-triage and bug-fixing when we need to make that move. We
owe this to our development community.
And Children are my nation.