[Sugar-devel] Tracking upstream versions with sugar-jhbuild (was: Re: Simplifying sugar-jhbuild)

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri May 22 10:53:38 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 2:30 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> That surprises me. At the beginning, we depended on several features
> that weren't yet released by the upstream projects. But as of today,
> most of it should be released (if not packaged).

+1

> I think that what people are asking is for simplifying jhbuild, so I

Yes. And generally lowering the barriers of entry to hacking on Sugar.

Sugar (and the whole OLPC stack) used to carry a ton of patches that
made things painful and fragile.

Nowadays, most of those patches found their way upstream. Perhaps it's
time to take advantage of that and simplify things :-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions