[Sugar-devel] Pootle issues for French text in Read Etexts

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Mon May 4 11:06:42 EDT 2009

Sayamindu,

Read Etexts and View Slides are now in Pootle.  Before they got there a
fellow Bastien Guerry sent me a patch for the .po files of both for
French, which I applied.  I then committed the changes.

I did a git pull for Read Etexts this weekend and got a whole bunch of
new .po files.  When I tried to do

python setup.py fix_manifest

it failed on the French po file (actually it said the .mo file was
missing), complaining about three lines that had accents in the words.
These lines looked OK to me, and the encoding was set to UTF-8. so I'm
not sure what is going on here.  I only tried building a bundle for Read
Etexts but I would assume View Slides has the same issue.  Could you
please check this out and advise me on what I need to do to fix this?

Thanks much,

James Simmons