[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Browse-108

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon May 4 11:01:44 EDT 2009

On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 01:29:37PM -0500, David Farning wrote:
> On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> >>When uploading a activity to activities.sugarlabs.org there is an
> >>entry to a Homepage.  I would guess that the home page would be the
> >>source of at latest developer information.
> >>
> >>This gives users a very consistent download experience while directing
> >>developers to a more free form development space.
> >
> > I think we talk past each other.  Sorry if this is obvious to everyone
> > but me:
> >
> > Do activities.sugarlabs.org support multiple branches of each activity?
> >
> > Concrete example (which I suspect triggered this subthread): Unofficial
> > Browse 102 for Sugar 0.82 is currently at
> > http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/py-activities/Browse-102.xo but Tomeu
> > suggested to use an official URL if more people would care about
> > maintaining it.
>
> Ahh, sorry I misunderstood.  Activities.sugarlabs.org does support
> multiple concurrent versions of an activity.  This is how amo updates
> addons for the various versions of Firefox.  I don't clearly
> understand how the system works.  But it is possiable to set a
> specific activity version as working for a version of sugar.

The current situation is:

Every version of activity
(http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/developers/versions/4024)
has a Sugar "Compatible Applications" field - its a SugarPlatform version

So we could upload "new" Browse version for only 0.82 SP
but where is a problem - it wouldn't prevent user from downloading
last(which is only for 0.84) in 0.82 environment, moreover 0.82 user can
see only 0.84 version and should click "See All Versions" to get the
right .xo.

Whith http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/824 fixed activities.sugarlabs.org
could filter/suggest/etc the right version for users SP.

--
Aleksey