[Sugar-devel] Removing the 'Erase' options from activity righ click menu

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sun May 3 06:01:07 EDT 2009

[adding sugar-devel to cc]

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 11:32,  <noutash at paiwastoon.com.af> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I am new to the whole OLPC thing so please bear with me. We are using the
> standard build to install XOs and then use shell scripts for the
> localization and to make small changes.
>
> I need to remove the 'Erase' option from the right click menu (when you
> right click on an activity icon). Is there anyway that this can be done
> without modifying the sugar source code and creating a new build?

Hi Basir,

I don't see a way to remove the palette option without changing the
Sugar code, but if you change the file permissions so that the user
'olpc' cannot remove the activity directory, the erasing operation
will fail and the activity will remain installed. Note that this will
cause activity updates to fail, in case that's an issue for you.

"sudo chown root.root -R ~/Activities/Write.activity"

This command will make that Write is not erasable from the Sugar palette.

Please note that the most appropriate forum to direct these questions
is sugar-devel: http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/sugar-devel .

HTH,

Tomeu