No subject

Sat Mar 14 20:08:29 EDT 2009

perhaps extending) the GNOME documentation framework. It is docbook
based, which is a format pretty easy to pick up (and I believe
OpenOffice.org can also export to docbook - though I have never tried
it out). Many programmers and documentation people should This would
easily let us

a) generate PO files out of the documentation files
b) merge back translations easily
c) generate multiple format files (PDF, epub, rtf, etc)

It would be even more incredible if our documentation system can be
integrated with the work being done at http://tutorius.org/ :-)

A random google search brought up the story of a project which had
used twiki initially, and then had moved on to docbook:
http://www.ipcop.org/1.2.0/en/authors_guide/html/what-is-docbook.html

Also, converting existing material might not be _that_ difficult: see
http://deplate.sourceforge.net/

Thanks,
Sayamindu