[Sugar-devel] Bugs are beautiful people (Volume 2)

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Mon Mar 30 09:02:46 EDT 2009

Prelude:

We have one 5 days left for our 0.84.2 Release [1]. This is our final
update for 0.84. Our list of bugs [2] has diminished already - 5 bugs
fixed 22 left.

Let’s concentrate this last days and make the release rock! Help is more
than welcome of course. Patches should be submitted following the
guidelines [3]. We will review now carefully to not introduce
regressions. If you want to join - we are hanging out in #sugar!

[1] http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Release/Roadmap#Schedule
[2] http://tinyurl.com/ccjskj
[3] http://sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/CodeReview

Open:

#119    Scrollbar off the screen on some sites on my X40 laptop
#427    Doesnt shutdown or restart, when an activity shows `all changes
         will be lost` error message
#456    Browse hangs when trying to open file:///home/...
#572    Record won't launch due to _sha_data attr (among other reasons)
#246    shutdown operation fails after first fail
#308    Control panel resizing issue (for non en_US languages)
#610    Journal Palette does not manage too many characters for a title
         correctly
#297    Index finger (Browse link) pointer's active point is too low
#402    Chat: shows "share or invite" hint even on resume of shared
         instance
#453    if the Sugar control panel is open, then Frame icons are
         inoperable
#461    Sometimes an activity will not start
#498    Shutdown/Restart does not work after X-server restart
#541    Mime type mess with files downloaded with Browse
#578    Activity Download experience is not smooth enough
#586    Browse cannot upload activity bundles to
         activities.sugarlabs.org because of Journal name scrambling.
#626    spurious storage devices in Frame on bootup
#630    Journal full message has issues
#636    icon frame does overlap (favorites view)
#645    make sugarlabs.org the default page
#39     Journal detail-view: Information tags/participants cut off
         1024x600
#43     Mark activity as favorite when it's installed as a deb, rpm, etc
#50     Collaboration - Friend is present in Group view and not in
         Neighborhood view

Done:
#635    bundlebuilder.list_files drops first character of file names if
         base_dir has trailing slash
#239    AP reconnection fails after logout, ctrl-alt-erase, lid-close,
         sleep (joyride 2631, XO)
#307    DBus policy needs checking
#639    Correct date in 'About my Computer' CP section
#623    Do not write timestamp when not managed to connect

Packaged:
(This category will be used to indicate which bugs can be verified in
the noted build)

Heteroptera of the day:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_beetle