[Sugar-devel] Google summer of Code proposal: Speech Synthesis

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Sun Mar 29 17:57:40 EDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 01:51:44PM -0700, Carol Farlow Lerche wrote:
> This feature doesn't seem solely intended solely as an assistive
> technology.  But having a "buttonless" mode is a good idea.
yeah looks like, but assistive technologies could be a good point
for sugar-0.86 anyway :)

chirag:
did you see StarDict http://stardict.sourceforge.net/ -- this dictionary
(in fact only shell for dictionaries) could use TTS to speech selected text --
when you selected any text and pressed special key(or mouse button)
stardict would popup window with translation and use TTS to pronounce it,
you could use this method.. or just sugarize StarDict :)

--
Aleksey