[Sugar-devel] Modules/Activities up for adoption

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 10:59:43 EDT 2009

Unfortunately my work-related activities have kept me from having time
for active Sugar development. I'm still around but I'm way behind on
everything I wanted to do for Sugar, including packaging.

So for the 0.86 release cycle I'd like to get others involved in
active development and maintainership of the following modules:

Glucose:
* sugar-presence-service - to be replaced in the future by Telepathy
Mission Control and moving code into Sugar itself, but there might be
bugfix releases necessary before then...

Fructose:
* Chat
* Read - Sayamindu might be interested

Honey:
* Poll Builder
* Story Builder
* hellomesh

Hopefully this will result in some great new features for the 0.86 release!

I'm happy to do code reviews and offer advice to anyone taking these
on, but on the other hand you are free to take them in a different
direction, as long as you pick up the work of making timeous releases
according to the Sucrose release schedule where appropriate.

If you're interested, please let me know, on- or off-list, and I'll
consider giving you commit access to the git.sugarlabs.org modules -
or for activities that have not been moved over, you're free to create
the repos yourself and move them.

Regards
Morgan