[Sugar-devel] "7 Meilen Stiefel" or New Soas-2 image available

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Mar 27 06:20:17 EDT 2009

Gary C Martin wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2009, at 23:27, Caroline Meeks wrote:
>
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> Here are tonight's test results.
>>
>> SoaS2 3-25
>>
>> Connects to the internet but does not show anyone in my neighborhood
>> view.
>
> FWIW, jabber.sugarlabs.org has been stuffed again since end of last
> week, so no collaboration :-(
>
>     http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/505#comment:11
>
> I wish there was a visible Sugar UI clearly indicating server
> connection, or not; perhaps even if it's just hidden in the control
> panel next to the server name. Might be worth a new ticket for 0.86? For
> now the quick hack test I use is to drop to terminal and try:

Yes, when I was facing the server issue - I struggled as well with
having no indication in the UI whether I was connected now or not. This
should definitely be enhanced in 0.86 - filed as #653.

I wonder if we could provide something like a device for 0.84 showing
the connectivity. This could be an extension someone can download. I
know it would not be the right place to put it there - just that
extensions can be made available after the freeze - as additional
download; and prove the extension concept :)

Just a thought,
    Simon