[Sugar-devel] "7 Meilen Stiefel" or New Soas-2 image available

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Mar 26 22:22:08 EDT 2009

On 26 Mar 2009, at 23:27, Caroline Meeks wrote:

> Hi Simon,
>
> Here are tonight's test results.
>
> SoaS2 3-25
>
> Connects to the internet but does not show anyone in my neighborhood
> view.

FWIW, jabber.sugarlabs.org has been stuffed again since end of last
week, so no collaboration :-(

	http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/505#comment:11

I wish there was a visible Sugar UI clearly indicating server
connection, or not; perhaps even if it's just hidden in the control
panel next to the server name. Might be worth a new ticket for 0.86?
For now the quick hack test I use is to drop to terminal and try:

telnet jabber.sugarlabs.org 5222
Trying 195.10.223.84...
telnet: connect to address 195.10.223.84: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host

You should get be able to type some misc input and get a xml error
response:

telnet jabber.olpchacks.org 5222
Trying 67.202.43.255...
Connected to jabber.olpchacks.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
qwerty
<?xml version='1.0'?><stream:stream xmlns='jabber:client'
xmlns:stream='http://etherx.jabber.org/streams' id='none'
from='jabber.olpchacks.org' version='1.0'><stream:error><xml-not-well-
formed xmlns='urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-streams'/></stream:error></
stream:stream>Connection closed by foreign host.

Regards,
--Gary