[Sugar-devel] ideal flash activity to be remade as karma activity

Lucian Branescu lucian.branescu at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 13:22:58 EDT 2009

Hello, I have this proposal http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Webified_Toolkit

I've had a chat with mchua and homunq on #sugar, and here's an interesting idea
"homunq: if you'd need some limited common foundation, but most of
your work would then be separate and compatible, you could both
schedule the foundation work in the first couple weeks, then say "we
will then choose whose version of the foundation to standardize on"

We would both need Gears and some sort of javascript-dbus bridge.
Gears should be just a plugin and javascript-dbus could be done
through this http://sandbox.movial.com/wiki/index.php/Browser_DBus_Bridge.

Then subzero could focus on the 'framework to build sugar activities
with web technologies' part and I could focus on the 'getting web apps
like gmail running nicely on sugar'.

There's also the choice between webkit/titanium and
gecko/xulrunner/hulahop. I think it would be better to use xulrunner,
since it's already a Sugar dependency. It shouldn't be significantly
slower, but we should do some testing anyway.

What do you all think?