[Sugar-devel] Unable to create usb stick on ubuntu 8.10

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 06:12:25 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Torello Querci <torello at torosoft.com> wrote:
> I try to create usb stick using soas image soas2_200903251017.iso
> All the step seems to run correctly but when I try to insert the stick
> in the usb to boot a got a messate about syslink and after a white
> screen with no possibility to boot.
>
> The stick is created on a ubuntu 8.10 distro.

I'm having the same problem with kubuntu 8.04 hardy and it seems to be
an issue with syslinux

one workaround is to edit cf/syslinux/syslinux.cfg and change the line::

   default vesamenu.c32

to::

   default linux0

near the beginning of the file; you lose the graphical boot choice
screen, but at least the stick works.

do you know what versions of syslinux are on your ubuntu and on the
fedora machine that worked?

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

homepage: http://www.trueelena.org