[Sugar-devel] Unable to create usb stick on ubuntu 8.10

Torello Querci torello at torosoft.com
Thu Mar 26 05:58:27 EDT 2009

Hi guy,

I try to create usb stick using soas image soas2_200903251017.iso
All the step seems to run correctly but when I try to insert the stick
in the usb to boot a got a messate about syslink and after a white
screen with no possibility to boot.

The stick is created on a ubuntu 8.10 distro.

The instructions that I use to build the stick are taken from here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation

I try the same image file on a Fedora machine (it is not mine so I can't
use this one to create other stick) and work properly, so is not a
problem of the image file but I suppose that the problem is in the
script on ubuntu distro.

Can anyone help me?

Cheers
Torello Querci