[Sugar-devel] SoaS won't boot XO-1s?

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 10:58:24 EDT 2009

I'm sorry, but I'm a bit confused here, is it possible or not at this
time to boot an XO-1 from a SoaS image (as we claim on the wiki:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_on_a_Stick/Installation/OLPC)?

if so, how? since the instructions for Option 1 on the wiki page are
not working for me.

I see there is a new SoaS-2 image in there, again, I don't think we
should be recommending to G1G1 owners they use that one yet?

As I say, I have doubts about the SoaS-1 and SoaS-2 sticks I am using,
it appears the XO can't find anything to boot with on these sticks
while my Acer Aspire One boots up with both (?)

I suppose there's no way to boot manually from a stick from OFW?

thanks

Sean