[Sugar-devel] GSoC Sugarize KDEEdu activity

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Mar 24 17:54:11 EDT 2009

On 24.03.2009, at 21:48, Huda Sammour wrote:

> Hi,
> from the project description at
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/ProjectIdeas#KDEEdu
>
> I realized that I should use GTK, is there any thing wrong?

I don't know who wrote up that idea. I'd find it much more useful to
make Qt apps work nicely in Sugar, rather than having to recode each
in GTK.

> Another thing, you said
> < to adapt an application to run in Sugar>
> you intend the word adapt, or you intend build new one ?

If you intend to write a new activity in Python, then GTK is the
obvious choice, because there is a toolkit supporting that development
style. Otherwise you can choose freely - as long as your preferred
programming environment supports X11 and can talk to DBus, you can
create Sugar activities in it:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API

- Bert -