[Sugar-devel] Sugar on various distros (was: Re: IMPORTANT: sugar-jhbuild: security update of xulrunner)

Sascha Silbe sascha-ml-ui-sugar-devel at silbe.org
Tue Mar 24 15:39:39 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 01:35:23PM -0500, David Farning wrote:

> I have been trying to dog food Sugar on Jaunty.
At least sugar-jhbuild is currently broken on a standard Jaunty install
due to a major bug Ubuntu introduced to Python distutils.
For now, only Ubuntu Intrepid and Fedora 10 work out of the box (for
sugar-jhbuild).
I have installations working on Ubuntu jaunty and Debian squeeze, but
both required workarounds that are not acceptable on a regular system. I
have hope that these will be fixed in near future (by Ubuntu resp.
Debian), though.

Native packages for Ubuntu/Debian are still stuck at 0.82. Packaging
0.84 is on hold due to Jonas wanting to finish some restructuring first.

HTH.

CU Sascha

--
http://sascha.silbe.org/