[Sugar-devel] Collaboration for museum project

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Tue Mar 24 08:48:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> The Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose would like to create an
> exhibit of XOs and invite school classes in with their teachers. This
> depends on how well we can get collaboration working. I have had many
> failures with mesh networking, and have not tried a school server. How
> is that going?

School servers have worked resonably well in my tests, see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Community_Jabber_Servers for a list to use for
testing. The Tech will most likely want to use their own on-site server,
which I'd be happy to set up for them (via SSH, I'm rather far from San
Jose), although I think their techs (*grin*) will be able to handle it.

Then again, mesh has worked wonderfully in my tests at local meetups in the
DC area, with sometimes over 30 XOs on one view in the same room.

--
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc