[Sugar-devel] [Gsoc] SWF Sugar

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Tue Mar 24 08:24:07 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 20:16 +0800, KSChan wrote:
> Greetings,
>

> Thx Jameson for clarifying ^^ I further get a few questions in mind.
>

> 1. question on Karma...
> I'm not quite familiar with webkit (although I always use it ^^") Does
> webkit already support the html 5 draft ?
> And, can someone clarify for me that ... Is the project Karma aims to
> develop a run-time environment so that it can renders html5 + js
> created activity (which does not start a browser activity) on top of
> sugar?

Webkit supports much of html5, certainly the parts we care about most
which are embedding animation and audio w/out flash.

Karma doesn't aim to develop a new run-time but use an existing run-time
like Titanium or just regular firefox and extend that run-time to take
advantage of Sugar's special features, particularly collaboration.

Bryan W. Berry
Technology Director
OLE Nepal, http://www.olenepal.org