[Sugar-devel] How is SoaS built?

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Mar 24 02:01:48 EDT 2009

Martin Langhoff wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> are there any pointers to how the SoaS build works? Is it using the
> Fedora livecd tools? Something else?
>
> more details below on what I am aiming for...
>
> cheers,
>
> martin

Hi Martin,

we're currently using some livecd-creator incarnation with this build
script here [1] to get our live media created. But I don't know if you
really want a live image being created.

On the other hand, I scripted this [2] up for creating an installed,
though no "live", image for the XO. It's current downside is that only
creates ext3 .img files, but that shouldn't be hard to work on.
Basically, it uses LoopImageCreator instead of LiveImageCreator.

Finally, you might also want to have a look at pungi - it's what
Fedora's rel-eng uses to create the installable images (they just boot
into anaconda from the media). And if you want to have a shiny
interface, you could even use revisor. ;)

So I guess it depends on what you'd want to end up with: A live image,
something booting into an installer,...

Cheers,
--Sebastian

[1]