[Sugar-devel] I made a bootable stick unbootable. What happened?

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Mon Mar 23 20:33:06 EDT 2009

Here is what happened.

I had SoaS2 on running a desktop.
I told it to restart
When I thought it was done I pulled out the SoaS2 (maybe a bit early)

Next on my laptop
I had tried to boot from a SoaS1 stick and gottent the /dev/boot error.
I took out the SoaS1
I put in SoaS2
I turned off and on the computer.
Now its booting from Windows not the USB.

The SoaS2 that had booted on the same computer twice before.

Somehow I broke the SoaS2 stick. I know I did a number of things not in the
best order but is there a way to make things more robust? Is there a way to
fix the SoaS2 stick or do I have to reflash it?

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office