[Sugar-devel] How to build from source?

shikhar shikhar at schmizz.net
Thu Mar 19 23:48:09 EDT 2009

On Thursday 19 March 2009 15:42:55 Ivan Pulido wrote:
> Hey, Im trying to build Sugar enviroment from source for ArchLinux. So i
> cant use jhbuild as it is to do this. Im wondering if you have information,
> tips or suggestions on how to do this (good links maybe?). Since all I got
> is practically whats shown here:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Development_Team/Release/Releases/Sucrose/0.82
>#Glucose_modules
>
> One way could be using jhconvert[1], but I have to learn some ruby first in
> order to tweak it for ArchLinux. I wonder if there's another way. Thanks
> for the attention.
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Deployment_Team/jhconvert

Just go ahead with the process described on
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DevelopmentTeam/Jhbuild. If the build process
complains about missing libraries or such, install the equivalent with yaourt
and try again.

I can confirm that sugar builds successfully on arch this way, but sugar
emulator did not run because of some issue... hope you have more luck :-)

--
/shikhar