[Sugar-devel] RAM DoS (was: Re: Fwd: Activity startup idea)

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Mar 19 13:36:24 EDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 6:03 PM, Wade Brainerd wrote:
> Sugar should always be usable *without* the extra security measures,
> they should not become requirements.

I will strongly disagree with this assertion. Rainbow does not provide
*extra* security measures for Sugar, even though you may think about
it that way from a technical point of view. Rainbow provides
functionality that is inextricably linked with Sugar's philosophical
goals. Consequently, I believe Sugar and Rainbow should continue down
the road of ever-closer integration. This says nothing about the
learning experiences which are to be had by breaking your machine; the
ability to disable security measures was a key Bitfrost design goal.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org