[Sugar-devel] Sugar Labs

Joshua Minor j at lux.vu
Thu Mar 19 11:00:53 EDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 1:27 AM, Felipe López Toledo wrote:

> I see,
> is it really necesary to use AS 3?
> I have seen the examples and it didn't seem to use any AS3 relevant
> feature.
>
> so, Gnash instead of Adobe player
> what about the compiler? MTASC http://www.mtasc.org/ or flashDevelop http://www.flashdevelop.org/
>  or ....?

For developing flash you can also use haXe (GPL) to compile to SWF.
The haXe language is very very similar to ActionScript and can
interoperate with AS libraries.  HaXe can also compile to php,
javascript, neko or c++.  See http://www.haxe.org/

Also, if you just want to try writing some ActionScript without
needing to install anything check out: http://wonderfl.kayac.com/

-josh