[Sugar-devel] sugar-jhbuild usage

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 18:23:39 EDT 2009

Sorry, I misread Ed's email. I though he was having trouble getting
jhbuild to run.

Ed: Jhbuild comes with the latest Fructose activities, which as loading into:

~/sugar-jhbuild/install/share/sugar/activities

It also looks in ~/Activities

and I suppose it looks in /usr/share/sugar/activities as well if you
are seeing ones you installed with apt-get.

You can identify the old ones by their version numbers in the List
View option and unstar them so that they won't show up on your Home
View.

-walter

2009/3/18 Luke Faraone <luke at faraone.cc>:
> On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 5:59 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I got sugar-jhbuild to compile on Ubuntu for the first time, but I
>> don't understand how to use it properly. It has picked up all of the
>> packages I installed for the Ubuntu packaged version of Sugar, and I
>> don't know how to point it at any other Activity bundles. The Wiki
>> page doesn't explain these things.
>
> Either install them through Browse or put them in ~/Activities, or put them
> in one of {/usr/share/activities, /usr/share/sugar/activities}.
>
> --
> Luke Faraone
> http://luke.faraone.cc

Walter Bender