[Sugar-devel] Fwd: Regarding the print support idea(GSoC)

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 11:51:31 EDT 2009

Ah, that was the thing I had not understood with the extra credits that were
given. I had thought that functionality had to be added to each desktop so
it would act as a print server. sorry.

Clarify a few things for me :
What exactly was required/meant from/by a print server?
I was in the opinion that each laptop was supposed to act as server for the
network :P
And do we have a powerful server that can act as a print server (which
accepts requests from network, assuming we require network printing)?

And thanks, yes, I have been reading that pdf. I was also thinking using
python-gnome bindings (which are available) to simulate a gnome tool menu.
But this seems better!