[Sugar-devel] Regarding GSoC'09 projects (Educational toolkit and VideoChat activity)

Vamsi Krishna Davuluri vamsi.davuluri at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:28:55 EDT 2009

Hello, Ajay

I'm trying to get into GSoC too, and have been looking up projects around
sugar.
Your best bet is to join the #sugar channel on freenode, and talk to people.
Look for the nicks homunq and mchua there :)

But since you are interested, I suggest you get the sugar-jhbuild, which is
a decent tool to get the latest builds.
You can go through the sugar framework, get accustomed to the code, and make
sure you check out the activities code, so you get familiar with the IPC
between them, how the framework is used and   such (as your interest seems
to lie with activities)
Also look up pygtk, if you haven't. Sugar uses it extensively for
menus/interfaces/widgets.

- Vamsi Krishna Davuluri