[Sugar-devel] [Localization] Access to multiple repos in SugarLabs gitorious

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 16:08:31 EDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 12:47 AM, Bastien <bastienguerry at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Chris for clarifying this.
>
> IIUC the documentation for the localization could have three parts:
>
> 1. l10n for Pootle admins
> 2. l10n for activity developers
> 3. l10n for other contributors
>
> The (1) would explain, among other stuff, the interaction between the
> Pootle server and the user:pootle on gitorious.
>
> The (2) would explain how to handle this interaction for the devs.
>
> The (3) would guide the user through the various ways of contributing
> to the translation, from the easiest to the geekiest.
>
> - Translation via the Pootle server
> - Translation by sending a language.po file
> - Translation by sending a patch
> - Translation by gaining commit access on a project
>
> Even for the user, I think it's very important to make it clear that
> these various ways are not in conflict.

While the Pootle documentation on the OLPC wiki is pretty outdated,
things that are still (at least partially) relevant include:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle/FAQ
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Pootle/AdministrationQuickStart
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/i18n_Best_Practices
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Workflow
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Localization/Testing#Utilizing_the_tests_available_from_within_Pootle

Maybe these can be utilized as a starting point ?

Cheers,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta