[Sugar-devel] [ANNOUNCE] SugarPlatform-0.84.0 on Mandriva

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Mon Mar 16 07:45:56 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:11:05PM +0100, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> One minor issue I see with this packaging is that etoys is technically
> part of glucose, but you packaged it as part of fructose (as "etoys-
> activity"). If someone was to only install glucose then another etoys-
> based activity would not work. (if the whole platform is installed it's
> fine of course)
>
> I think the packaging Gavin did for Fedora is less confusing. He also
> has one package that provides both etoys and etoys-activity, but the
> package's name is "etoys". Not sure if the Fedora glucose package
> depends on this yet, but it could.
yup, its my old fault
but now, changing current behavior means reforming glucose/fructose
packages in 4(5) repos.

As you mentioned it means nothing for non-tech users(they just install
meta-package) but has additional pro for tech users - if someone develops
activity(which isn't etoys based) he could save time and not downloading ~25M ;)

--
Aleksey